Boat in harbor

Boat in harbor

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Swansboro, NC...


Our travels to Swansboro was 55 miles and we did this in 6 hours. We needed a place to dock and Casper's was exactly what we were looking for and more!

I knew we were heading to a marina that supplied a dock and power but beyond that it was unknown. So, to our surprise, within walking distance was an adorable residential neighborhood, an even cuter town complete with restaurants, ice cream and candy and lots of unique stores. Liz and I shopped a bit while Bob and Ben found a bar to wait until we finished. I had my first she-crab soup (much like a new england clam chowder only crab) here and loved it! We arrived early afternoon and toured the town before heading to the boat. Ben and I decided to enjoy dinner out while Bob and Liz ate on their boat. 

Not much more to do other than relax for another day on the water.  

swing bridge
Casper's Marina, really nice people here!


No comments:

Post a Comment