Boat in harbor

Boat in harbor

Monday, August 8, 2016

We are in the "D"!!

Eastern Market, a couple of BBQ's, Franks place and Greektown
L to R: Chris, Kim, Todd, Heidi, Ben, Me, Michelle, Jackie and Frank. And Nate on the scooter!
Actually we are north of Detroit, but hey...we passed the "D"!!
This was a planned visit to see my brother and friends on Lake St.Clair in Michigan. I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit and always feel nostalgic coming back for visits. This time with our boat feels way cool! Coming through downtown Detroit and being docked just a short car ride from my stomping grounds felt really special!

Even more special is that I was able to spend lots of time with old friends and family. We have been WAY spoiled while here. We had a car thanks to Heidi (my bestie since we were 4years old!) and Chris, my brother Frank, lives only 6 miles away so we got to see him lots and my friend Jackie happened to be in town from Florida...! We spent several days here and we filled those days from the time we woke up until bedtime. Crocket was in his glory, he got to go for car rides, see all his loved ones and chase a frisbee with his buddies. It was so cute to hear him squeal with delight each time he saw someone he knew. He can tell we are getting closer to home, the air smells familiar and he is allowed to swim!
We are so thankful and feel so blessed that each and everyone has taken time out to come see and spend time with us!!! I'm feeling very blessed that we chose to take this route instead of going up to the North Channel. We haven't seen many Loopers in these waters but we will start seeing Loopers as they come down from the North Channel and we are at the top of the lake. We are less than a week away from that!!
Here is part 1 of our week here in the "D"...

Downtown Detroit
Boblo Island
The Renaissance Center
Trying to run from the storm
Eastern Market in Detroit
Brigitte, me and Heidi...we have all been friends since we were 4 years old...

Bloodies with buddies!!
Ben and Crocket enjoying a relaxing evening at Heidi and Chris's house
Me and my bro! Love this guy! We have always been close and it is so awesome that we can spend time together, it helps that he and Ben are buddies too!
Celebrating Clem's (Heidi's dad) 70th birthday. Pictured here are Clem, Derek and Cameron (Heidi's boys) and Heidi
BBQ at the boat!! Ben, Chris, Derek, Heidi and Todd (another buddy from grade school).
Jackie, me and Michelle. Jackie and I had no idea we were both in town, she lives in Florida. Because Ben and I spent so much time in Florida we were able to get together. I think I've seen her more this year than I have since we graduated high school. Apparently we were good to the friend Gods.
My silly brother
Ben's amazing ribs from our smoker
Me, Nate (the ham) and Heidi
Had the best pizza and salad while sitting on my brothers patio. He just moved into his house and I was thrilled to finally see it!
Frank drove us to Greektown, we met Michelle here for dinner and drinks!
Michelle and I met in high school, we used to teach gymnastics every Saturday morning, while sharing a box of wheat thins. I loved spending those mornings with her!
Love this guy!
Awesome braised lamb shank
Pretty cool to enjoy a drink downtown on a sand beach. 
Ben and Michelle enjoying a drink at Fountain Detroit
Frank furter and me
Of course we had to hit the bakery on our way back to the car!!
I think we left some drool on the glass!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment