Boat in harbor

Boat in harbor

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Kingston, NY...Sushi and a pool!!

A pool is a wonderful thing. I grew up with a pool and when given the opportunity I choose pool! Whether I swim in it, sit on the steps, or hang my toes in a pool I feel happy and COOL! It has been pretty hot the last week or so of our travels. I found out I sweat in places I've never noticed before....gross, I should know! So, finding a marina with a pool is a really huge bonus!! We docked at a very small marina and guess what???? A pool! Just what we needed (I was so excited about the pool I never took a photo)! We stayed at Rondout Marina (which is actually in Connelly, NY. A short dinghy ride across the creek we were in the small town of Kingston) and dove in the pool as soon as we arrived. Ben took Crocket for a dinghy ride while I lounged pool side a bit longer. We then showered and headed over to Kingston, in the dinghy, for dinner. We found an Irish pub with $1 tacos, then hit the local sushi restaurant and were pleasantly surprised with great food. Tummy's full and back in the dinghy for a bit of sightseeing.

Even though it was so hot, we still were in awe of the gorgeous scenery along the Hudson River! 
Cool down-east-style boat flying past us.
Lighthouse at the entrance to the Rondout Creek where our marina (Rondout Harbor) and the town of Kingston is located.
Dinghy ride across the creek to Kingston. This is looking at the town docks.
Dinghy-ride selfie on the Rondout Creek 
Looking at the boardwalk and town docks in Kingston
Mathilda located at the maritime museum in town. 
Really cool old wooden sailboat from 1928
Town of Kingston

Ben really liked this old tug. It would be pretty grand to restore her.


2 comments:

  1. On our trip from Jacksonville, Fl to Michigan; the Hudson River was the highlight for my hubby. Parts of the river are 175 feet deep! He loved the grandeur of West Point. The mountain ranges that cross the river are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were pleasantly surprised by the beauty along the Hudson! I agree with your husband!

      Delete