Boat in harbor

Boat in harbor

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The time has come...where we have to say goodbye


We have been traveling with the same couple, Bob and Liz on Knot Sew Easy for over three months. Before we left on this trip, the only thing I was worrying about, thinking about and dreaming about was the actual travel portion of our Great Loop adventure. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would meet such wonderful people along the way. We lucked out when months ago I approached a group of Loopers. We were all docked at a marina along the Illinois River, and I asked if anyone wanted to join us for a zip-lining adventure. Bob and Liz (actually it was Liz who responded with a resounding YES!!) were the only ones who jumped at the opportunity. Score! That was the day we began our three month journey down the rivers, to Mobile, AL, across the Gulf and a couple weeks enjoying Florida. Now is the time where we will spend winter in separate locations with the question about when and where we will meet back up. We still are not sure, but possibly sometime in February along the Gulf side of Florida. We have spent a lot of time with our buddies and having girl time has made the trip a joy. Even our dogs love each other! It is kind of sad to have to say goodbye, but I'm blessed we have found new friends to share our adventure with. We will stay in touch, sharing our journeys and hopefully planning our next rendezvous! This trip has opened my eyes to the many blessings we are encountering. It's not just the thrilling adventure or the amazing places we are visiting, but the many special friends we are making along the way.














1 comment:

  1. Jane, reading your blog fairly regularly. I have a suggestion about how to add a map to your blog if you are interested. Email me at marie_holmesatoutlookdotcom and I'll send you the information I put maps in our blog this summer when we brought our boat home from Florida. Our family really appreciated it. timeforusii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete