Boat in harbor

Boat in harbor

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Shanty - HEY!

Our awesome almost complete "Ben-built" shanty!!

"What the heck do you guys do in the winter up there in Wisconsin???"

We are asked this a lot. For those that know me, understand that I LOVE winter and all things snow and cold. This was not how I felt growing up, but since Ben and I have been dating he has introduced me to the wonderful world of skiing, snowmobiling and best of all ice fishing! With the proper gear, cold weather is tolerable and actually enjoyable and I couldn't be any happier that we have decided to spend our winters (for the time being) in the cold north.

So, here is what we have been up to, or actually what Ben has been up to! Building our very own ice shanty/shack! I am still amazed at the talent Ben has in all things that need to be built or repaired. He even added a woodburning stove to keep us nice and toasty!

The shanty is still in the build stage but soon we will be hauling this out on the ice of Green Bay, in the hopes of slaying the fish. Not only will we be eating fresh water fish but we will be spending quality time together while enjoying the beautiful outdoors. I can not wait to get out there and catch the monster walleye, perch, whitefish and the prized burbot!! Wish us luck and I will make sure to post our catch!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment