Boat in harbor

Boat in harbor

Monday, December 5, 2016

We had our first guest!!

Our buddy Kenny, aka K2, earned the forever distinction of being our first over-night guest in our new house.

K2 at our old house with dirty shoes...not allowed to get the floor dirty
K2 not only allowed us to borrow his truck and car hauler for our move a few weeks ago, but he also let us use both to drive all the way to Ohio. We celebrated Thanksgiving with my parents and picked up Ben's new 1957 Ford 800 tractor. My dad gave Ben the tractor as a birthday gift (WOW! Ben was way excited) earlier this year. Ben is itching to get started on restoring the old girl this winter.

Ben on his new tractor!
K2 then drove Ben's truck up to our new place in Door County so we didn't have to bring his truck back down to Illinois and back up again. What a guy that K2 is!!

Kenny and Ben on our boat last winter
We had dinner out and after unloading the tractor and another load of items from our Illinois house, we enjoyed our first guest and then called it a night.

Of course the next morning I had a million questions..."How did you sleep?" "Was the mattress ok?" "Could you hear me when I got up this morning?" "Was the temperature ok?" "Were the sheets comfortable?
...Poor Kenny! He was a gentleman and answered all my questions! Best of all he said he slept like a log! I think that's good!

1 comment:

  1. Ben looks so happy on that classic tractor. I grew up on a farm, and I remember my big brother driving around on a small John Deere we had. I loved hearing that thing start up. When I was very little, my dad let me ride on it with him to the outer fields. Thanks for the reminder of simpler times!

    ReplyDelete