Boat in harbor

Boat in harbor

Saturday, September 17, 2016

One week home & still on the boat!!

Nothing compares to the sunset views we have here 
In all the months we have been traveling on the Loop, I never woke up wondering where I was. UNTIL NOW!!!
This has happened twice since we have been back in our home port. I'm guessing that is because on the Loop I knew exactly where we are at all times. We planned our stops several days in advance, I would call the marinas to confirm our reservations (we never just pulled into a marina looking for a slip), Ben routed our course and I would document the locations in my notes. I always knew where we were located. So it has been a crazy feeling to wake up wondering where we are, then I look out and remember...we are home!
So, how has life been this past week?? Pretty awesome!! We have family near and friends close so we have been enjoying our time with everyone. We have a vehicle to drive to the store WHENEVER we want! That has been hard to get used to. I'm so conditioned to have everything I need on hand to make dinner that when I realized I forgot an item for our meal, I started to get all worked up. Ben brought me back to reality, "Um Babe, you have a car and the store is up the road." he shared as if saying duh, what's wrong with you?
We have been enjoying our time in our harbor, grilling out almost every day and visiting all our favorite spots here in Door County. Ben's mom, Cathy came for a wonderful few days and our friends Bob and Liz sent friends of theirs to our boat for a visit as they were vacationing here in Door County.
Crocket is in his glory! Every time he goes potty he gets to go swimming! He is free to walk all over the harbor off his leash (he didn't like having to be leashed 80% of the trip), he loves our walks in the woods, gets to visit all his buddies, ride around with the dock master on the golf cart and go for car rides. We have family living close by so visits to them have been fun for us as Crocket gets so excited he starts talking and shaking the closer we get. I think he is thrilled to be back!

All in all we have adjusted pretty well, I still miss the adventure and the travel. But I'm savoring land life for now!
My walking buddy
Look close, that's Crocket swimming with his toy 
Dinner with Cathy (Ben's mom), Aunt Tamara, Uncle Kevin and Ben
Loved meeting Jack and Phyllis
Car ride with the dogs! Crocket on the left and Hogan (Cathy's shitzu) on the right
We will be spending the next month here on our boat, looking for a house and enjoying all things Door County. We are excited to stick around for October Fest here in Sister Bay. We will take our boat over to that marina making it our last hoorah for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment